The Learner Driving Centre (LDC) is a family run business which operates a network of franchised LDC driving schools covering most of the UK. Paul McArdle, is the Founder and Managing Director of the Company pictured on the right below being greeted by Bob Morton the Training Director.
Over 30 years experience in the business
LDC was first established in 1987 and now operates one of the most successful national driving school networks in the UK. Unlike AA/BSM and Red we are not owned by a large financial conglomerate. We are owned and managed by people who take a pride in what they do and have a genuine passion for the business. Our aim is not to be the biggest but rather the best.
In the beginning (1987) we followed the standard ‘big brother’ driving school model where the instructor is virtually anonymous, highly controlled, very dependent and in our view, overcharged. However, we quickly realised this was no way to run a quality driving school and have instead chosen to make the instructor very visible and prominent in every aspect of what we do – an approach centred on them with their name being prominent and their voice being heard. If you like, it is the first nationally based ‘client-centred driving school franchise’ in our profession.
The reason why LDC driving schools has continued to grow and prosper (while two of the big three above had gone bust in recent times) is down to the type of business savvy, quality conscious people we attract and what our Franchise has to offer them, namely:
- Image – Highly noticeable, attractive and customisable car livery designed to suit many different cars to help you promote YOUR business YOUR way using YOUR choice of vehicle.
- The Product – We provide cutting-edge student-centred learning methods, systems and resources designed to make learning easy, fast and fun thus helping you to massively boost customer retention and referral business.
- Marketing and sales – We have a dedicated team to help support you with work generation using traditional and non-traditional methods – including methods unique to LDC.
- Tech Savvy – We are innovative users of the internet, apps, social media, SEO and software, creating massive public awareness of your unique selling points (USPs).
- Business support – We have a highly experienced management team to help you manage your businesses successfully.
If you want to know more click >> 1. Image
If you are potentially interested in offering top-notch student-centred learning using the unique LD System from your own franchised LDC driving school please give us a call on Free phone 0800 400 777 or email
email@example.com to receive a call from Gemma our recruitment officer.