The Learner Driving Centre (LDC) is a family run business which operates a network of franchised LDC driving schools covering most of the UK. Paul McArdle, is the Founder and Managing Director of the Company pictured on the right below being greeted by Bob Morton the Centre Manager.
Over 25 years experience in the business
LDC was first established in 1987 and now operates one of the most successful national driving school networks in the UK. Unlike AA/BSM and Red we are not owned by a large financial conglomerate. We are owned and managed by people who take a pride in what they do and have a genuine passion for the business. Our aim is not to be the biggest but rather the best.
In the beginning (1987) we followed the standard ‘big brother’ driving school model where the instructor is virtually anonymous, highly controlled, very dependent and in our view, overcharged. However, we quickly realised this was no way to run a quality driving school and have instead chosen to make the instructor very visible and prominent in every aspect of what we do – an approach centred on them with their name being prominent and their voice being heard. If you like, it is the first nationally based ‘client-centred driving school franchise’ in our profession.
We work for you – you don’t work for us
Unlike the other big driving schools we don’t try to control you by channelling all the work and pupil payments through a central call centre or website, we operate a decentralised approach where you benefit from your own success. The other driving schools ensure virtually all sales enquiries and payments go through their office so they can control the supply of work and money to you. In this way they can always be sure of obtaining their franchise fees (no matter how high they are) before passing on any pupil payments to you. They keep tight control of your diary and your pupils so that if you should try to leave, the office staff can easily transfer your pupils to other instructors. Each LDC franchise operates their own driving school and diary with the vast majority of the payments going directly to them. In other words irrespective of how the pupil was obtained with an LDC franchise they belong to you, not to us.
The reason why LDC driving schools has continued to grow and prosper (while two of the big three above had gone bust in recent times) is down to the type of business savvy, quality conscious people we attract and what our Franchise has to offer them, namely:
- Image – Highly noticeable, attractive and customisable car livery designed to suit many different cars to help you promote YOUR business YOUR way using YOUR choice of vehicle.
- The Product – We provide cutting-edge student-centred learning methods, systems and resources designed to make learning easy, fast and fun thus helping you to massively boost customer retention and referral business.
- Marketing and sales – We have a dedicated team to help support you with work generation using traditional and non-traditional methods – including methods unique to LDC.
- Tech Savvy – We are innovative users of the internet, apps, social media, SEO and software, creating massive public awareness of your unique selling points (USPs).
- Business support – We have a highly experienced management team to help you manage your businesses successfully.
If you want to know more click >> 1. Image
If you are potentially interested in offering top-notch student-centred learning using the unique LD System from your own franchised LDC driving school please give us a call on Free phone 0800 400 777 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a call from Michelle our franchise manager.